National carpet cleaning association
- Eskadron rug
s - Laying foam backed carpet
National Carpet Cleaning Association
- Carpet cleaning, for beautification, and the removal of stains, dirt, grit, sand, and allergens can be achieved by several methods, both traditional and modern.
- (often in names) A group of people organized for a joint purpose
- A connection or cooperative link between people or organizations
- the state of being connected together as in memory or imagination; "his association of his father with being beaten was too strong to break"
- A plant community defined by a characteristic group of dominant plant species
- the act of consorting with or joining with others; "you cannot be convicted of criminal guilt by association"
- a formal organization of people or groups of people; "he joined the Modern Language Association"
- Of or relating to a nation; common to or characteristic of a whole nation
- Owned, controlled, or financially supported by the federal government
- a person who owes allegiance to that nation; "a monarch has a duty to his subjects"
- limited to or in the interests of a particular nation; "national interests"; "isolationism is a strictly national policy"
Part of Stephen Shepherd's Photographic Exhibit
We went to the exhibition ' The Press Photographer's Year 08' at the National Theatre on the Southbank in London. There were some very powerful images there of wounded soldiers, bomb victims, a mother who had lost her child, political and sports pictures...and then I found this section of photography by Stephen Shepherd. I liked the vintage look of his images, but I love the idea behind them even more:
"From a personal project, taken in my grandmother's house. She is now 92 and I realised that the things I had seen around me and been familiar with for over 40 years may soon no longer be there. Looking around the house I saw that the decor had not really changed (except for the odd lick of paint) since the late 60s early 70s - even the carpet is reputed to be 40 years old. Unlike today where everyone is into clean decor, white walls and open spaces, every wall and surface of this house is filled with richly patterned fabrics, juxtaposed with brightly coloured walls, cushions and nik naks. This is obviously an older person's house and contains a different generation's ideas of decorating, colour and style. This, I felt, was worth recording, if only because of my own personal association
with the house. 6th September 2007."
Related topics: carpet stores in raleigh nc south bay carpet country throw rugs braided rugs round rugs melbourne buying carpets dixie group carpet pink carpet rose carpet cleaning in essex area rugs and runners
- (日) 21:11:24|
- Category: None